Podcast Essays on Classical Music

Subscribe to this podcast at http://feeds.feedburner.com/classicaltunes

Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

I love to write, occasionally. I love to visit Starbucks, occasionally. Welcome to the mind meld of these two sources of outpouring : )

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Carl Nielsen - Symphony No. 5

Well, here it is - my first attempt at a classical music audioblog. I hope it sounds OK and I encourage lots of feedback on what's good and what's not! I made two versions: a serious version and a more informal one. Again, thank you so much for visiting - and be sure to check out the rest of this extraordinary symphony.

One slight correction - I mention toward the beginning of the informal blog that we didn't listen to much music from the Romantic era. What I mean is that we usually listened to baroque and classical pieces and very little from the Romantic period forward. I doubt anyone classifies Nielsen as a Romantic-era composer....

Anyway, happy birthday to my mom, who, along with my beloved father, brought classical music into my life. It's the greatest gift they ever gave me!


Music ©1988 by The Decca Record Company Limited, London
Performed by the San Francisco Symphony, conducted by Herbert Blomstedt

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this format, your comments are really insightful. I liked the informal approach. Is there any way you can post the full peices that you use as well as the audioblogs?

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home